Saturday, April 14, 2012

Whoremonger

We all draw influence from somewhere. For me, I get a lot of my influence, and motivation from music. For the last 5 years, one of the main bands I have had in constant rotation has been Sleeping Giant. They are a Faith based Hardcore group, and I can never say enough about their music. Both lyrically and musically, I never get tired of them. I think in all honesty, I have broken down to more the two-thirds of all their songs. Every message in there songs tears straight to the heart.

The lead vocals are done by Tommy Green. Tommy has a testimony for the song I am going to share, that I could never imagine. In fact it was in an interview with Radio U Hardcore out of Ohio, that I was able to hear him speak about it. The band had just released their freshman album "Dread Champions of the Last Days." In the interview they would talk about the songs they were about to play, and where the influence and story behind them came from. When they got to the song "Whoremonger," something struck a chord with me. Tommy was speaking openly, about his previous struggles he had with sex, as well as an affair that would change his life forever.



After listening to his testimony, and hearing the dynamic sound and lyrics of Sleeping Giant, I have been a fan ever since. And almost every day I play something of their's. Below I have posted the lyrics for "Whoremonger," for you to read in the poetic-esk form. Then beneath that is the song itself without video. If you have a moment, just watch the testimony above, read the lyrics as the story they are, then listen to the song and follow along with the lyrics.

Sleeping Giant: Whoremonger

Witness to a youthful lust
Who made the same mistake
Guess he didn't know
Didn't know it would cost him everything he'd make
Spied that young one through my window,
On the subtle path
He didn't know the loss
He couldn't see the cost
Gonna cost him everything

Now he can't find
Now he dont understand why
But you see
Cause you cheat, and think that you're free, but you know
Now he can't find his way
Will someone please come, please come and take it away
Before it's to late

Wave, Goodbye
She'll kill you with a smile
And slit your throat, with a wink of her eye
Why, a brutal heart for a lie
I was that man once, I tell you I'd rather die (Die)

He can't just see why
He doesn't see the truth
And you know, cause it feels so good, it takes away you
Now Disciples would you rise
I know there is sin you despise, will you let it go?
Now wave goodbye to your friends, and live like it's so

Now he can't find
Why can't he see?
Won't you stop him now? Won't you reach out? Won't you do something please?
I guess you too busy to see
It brings a real friend to say no, In the face of your own Identity.
Please stop him someone

Wave, Goodbye
She'll kill you with a smile

And slit your throat with a wink of her eye
Why, a brutal heart for a lie
I was that man once, I tell you I'd rather die 

I was! I was that man once
I'd rather die (DIE)
Now can't you understand why
I only got one heart
And it's the wellspring of life (LIFE)
Why, oh why will you die?
Give your heart to one love (JESUS CHRIST)
You can change this all now, You can let it go, And walk into the light
Please leave this darkness behind

Now
You'll finally know your own mind, you can't run this time
Desperate to rest, in the peace of the light
I'll be kneeling there, right by your side
Battering hell and I declare tonight.

Hell Relinquish Your Hold On My Sons!
Hell Relinquish Your Hold On My Sons!





I will continually say it over and over, Sexual Addiction is a real issue. If you feel like you may be struggling with it to any degree, Please - Call someone. A friend, A sibling, A councilor, Anyone, and tell them you want help, before you, or someone you know, or don't know, end up in a tough spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment